Whip up this mega pink guilt free Strawberry Frozen Yogurt Dessert in under 5 minutes. Made with only four basic whole food ingredients that you can keep on hand all year round.
HEALTHY DESSERT: 5 MINUTE STRAWBERRY FROZEN YOGURT
Eating healthy doesn’t mean skipping out on dessert. Fruity frozen yogurt is a quick and easy dessert that tastes great and looks incredible. Nobody needs to know just how easy it is to make. I like to serve up Dessert twice a week for the family. It’s not an everyday thing, more of a treat. This week our Meal Plan includes this Strawberry Frozen Yogurt and these Chocolate Mug Cakes (I LOVE these a little too much!!).
The frozen strawberries make this an instant sorbet dessert, but if you want to make it ahead, then you have a couple of options:
- FREEZE IT: Pop your sorbet into a freezer proof container and freeze it until you are ready to eat it. Allow it to thaw for 5 – 8 minutes before serving so that it softens up a bit.
- POPSICLE IT: Spoon your strawberry yogurt into portion size popsicle molds. This recipe will be enough for 6 popsicles.
- BAG IT: If you have smaller children, then make your own popsicles with these reusable popsical bags.
ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS
You will need to stock up on these 4 whole food ingredients:
- Frozen Strawberries – Either buy them frozen (this is normally the cheaper option) or if strawberries are in Season near you, stock up on them and freeze them yourself.
- Plain, full fat Yogurt – You can use Greek or plain yogurt without sugar or flavour.
- Lemon Juice – I use the juice of half a lemon. I like that teeth tinngling tang it adds to the sorbet. But feel free to leave this out if you prefer a sweeter taste.
- Maple Syrup – Choose 100% maple syrup – not the ‘tastes like maple, but it’s actually just a jar of sugar’ variety. Check the ingredient lable so you aren’t getting fooled by the packaging. Those food marketers can be a little sneaky 🙂
VIDEO: HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY FROZEN YOGURT
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
STEP 1. Get out your trusty blender and add two cups of frozen strawberries.
STEP 2: Add 1 Cup of Plain Yogurt
STEP 3: Pour in a third of a cup of Maple Syrup and an OPTIONAL squeeze of lemon.
THEN BLEND UNTIL SMOOTH & SERVE IMMEDIATELY
Clean Eating Frozen Strawberry Yogurt
- 2 cups Frozen Strawberries
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ? cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Serve immediately (see notes)
- If you have made this recipe, please come back and leave a star review. I would love to know what you thought of it.