Chores are good for kids. I know it can be hard to get them actually doing the chores. And often it feels like it’s easier to just do the job yourself, but trust me when I say this – It does get easier.
Yes, you may need to show them at least 10 times EXACTLY how you want the job done, and
Yes, they will still try and find excuses not to do it that way, but ..
EVENTUALLY they will start to do the job correctly and learn a new skill and feel the joy of contributing to the running of the household. It’s all about being part of a family.
We are raising capable, compassionate mini humans. Chores teach them about contribution, pulling their weight and the value of hard work.
TWO VERSIONS TO CHOOSE FROM
I’ve made two Versions for you to choose from. You get both when you download the printable. One is a family chore chart for up to 6 people, and the other is an individual chore chart which can be printed off for each family member. We use the individual chore charts in our home.
How to use your Chore List
- Print out the Chore List you will be using.
- Write down the Chores that each child / family member will be responsible for and tick them off once they are done. This little act of checking off the job helps with accountability (as well as saving you the time of having to check that’s been done 🙂 )
A Couple things to Consider
- Make sure that the jobs you set are age appropriate. The child needs to be able to achieve them on their own, or at least actively contribute to the accomplishment of the chore (eg help Mom with dinner doesn’t mean standing in the kitchen watching her cook. Let your little one make the salad, set the table, peel potatoes).
- Show them how you want the job done. If it’s washing the bath, take the time to show them how to wash, where to get the sponge, where to put it once they’re done.
- It may take a couple times for them to get it right. Don’t give up.
The Reward Part
Rewards don’t have to be big. For more ideas take a look at my list of 51 Fun and Free Things to do your your child.
How to Download your Family Chore Chart
This printable is part of my Exclusive CEWK Printables library which is only available to my subscribers. To access ALL OF MY FAMILY PRINTABLES simply click on the image below or CLICK HERE . You’ll get instant access to all my printables FOR FREE (And all future printables too), and you’ll be signed up to receive the weekly Clean Eating with Kids newsletter.