Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream
You won’t believe it until you try it. Ice Cream. Real creamy Ice Cream that’s good for you. As in, have another spoon, eat it for breakfast kind of good for you.
I don’t know how it happens, and who am I to question the science? The idea of blending frozen banana into a creamy whipped dessert is pure inspiration.
You pretty much start (and end) with blending a few frozen bananas until they are smooth (I use one banana per person). No need to add sugar or anything else really. You could eat it on its own, or change it up by adding one or two extra ingredients. I was lying awake last night thinking about this. As you do. The combinations are potentially endless.
Last night we made up a batch of Peanut Butter Ice Cream by adding some peanut butter and vanilla to our frozen banana mix. AMAZING! And a bit fun to make too.
My oldest daughter has an ice cream obsession. She loves it. So she was understandably, super skeptical about this, and felt a bit cheated. But after devouring every little bit left in her bowl, I saw her adding some bananas to the freezer for breakfast. You know its a winner.
- 4 Ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Freeze banana chunks (about 3 hours in the freezer worked for me)
- Blend frozen banana until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and give it a quick blend until combined.
- Eat immediately or pop into the freezer and allow to slightly thaw before eating.