Looking for a way to get the kids to eat more vegetables? Give these Caramelized Honey Glazed Carrots a try tonight.
Sweet, soft and simply pretty to look at. This recipe sums up everything we love about home cooked meals: Simple, fresh and made from real food ingredients you most probably already have in your kitchen.
More Recipes you May Like
- Tasty Broccoli Fried Rice
- Roasted Parmesan Potato Stacks
- Clean Eating Pizza Dough (only TWO Ingredients)
A Couple of Things About these Gorgeous Caramelized Carrots:
- Make more than you think you should. You will eat them like Candy they taste so good. I use one big carrot per person.
- Slice them reasonably thin to speed up cooking time.
- You can crisp them up a bit more just by frying a little longer. This gives you the blackened edges that add to the sweetness.
Two Other Ways to Make this Recipe:
- Caramelized Cinnamon Carrots – skip the Honey and replace with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Savory Version – If you want a more savoury taste, then skip the honey and replace with a little salt and pepper.
- 4 -6 Medium Sized Carrots, finely sliced (one person)
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Heat up a large non stick pan on the stove to med/high heat.
- Add butter and honey and allow to melt.
- Add carrots and stir until well coated in honey butter mix.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir carrots while they fry. This will take around 4 - 5 minutes. You need to watch so that the carrots don't burn. You want caramelized not burnt. Remove from pan once the carrots have turned a golden colour and serve.