You’re going to love this healthy snack recipe. These clean eating peanut butter biscuits are dairy free, wheat free and made with 6 whole food ingredients. High in protein and a delicious healthy snack any time of the day.
These cookies are seriously good. Pop them in the school lunchbox or serve them up as an afternoon snack with a hot cuppa. They leave you feeling full and satisfied and less inclined to over indulge.
The morning or afternoon snack time is tricky. You don’t want to eat too much but you’re feeling peckish and the next meal seems too far away.
I like to keep my snack times simple – normally sticking to fruit or veggies. But sometimes that just doesn’t cut it. Keeping healthy snacks available to eat when you’re feeling peckish will stop you reaching for those dodgy, processed cookies.
These peanut butter biscuits are a really satisfying wholesome snack. For more healthy snack choices download my 50 Clean Eating Snacks Printable or try these Oat & Honey biscuits or No Bake Energy Balls.
My youngest is a comfort eater. He LOVES food, any food. It makes him happy. He’s the kid I can take to any restaurant or dinner party and he will eat anything they offer. Steamed spinach? Sure, why not. Boiled cabbage. Awesome! Chopped kidney did you say? I’ll have seconds.
He makes me look good.
If it weren’t for my two fussy eaters, I would think I was rocking this Mommy thing. Nothing like kids to keep you grounded.
So when I find a recipe that EVERYONE loves, it’s reason to celebrate. At least one member of my family is complaining quietly under their breath. That was me being funny. They never complain under their breath.
I am obsessed with easy to make recipes. If you’ve tried a few of my recipes then you’ll see them pop up quite regularly. Two of my all time favorites are this Two Ingredient Pizza Dough and Three Ingredient Banana Pancakes.
There are only so many daylight hours available. And after those baby years, I promised myself that I would never, ever forgo my sleep. So, if I want a clean home, fed family and time to brush my teeth. Short cuts need to be had. And ingredient lists need to be short.
These Peanut Butter biscuits are all of that. Easy, tasty and foolproof.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut Butter. Choose the smooth variety that’s made with 100% peanuts. It’s quite an oily kind of peanut butter, which works well in this recipe.
- Shredded Coconut. I buy organic coconut that’s been shredded but if you want a finer textured biscuit, then choose the dessicated coconut which has been processed more finely (or pop your coconut in the food processot for a few seconds to break it into smaller bits).
- Maple Syrup. Make sure that you are using 100% Maple syrup as there area lot of fake brands out there that are corn syrup with maple flavor. Yup, and before all the die hard Clean Eaters panic – this is why our family still eats sugar.
- Oat Bran. Oat bran is simply whole Oats that have been processed more finely. You can make your own by putting your regular Wholegrain Oats into the food processor or get them here.
- Freerange Eggs. Being accountable for where our food comes from is a big part of wholesome living. Choose freerange eggs always.
- Baking Soda. This is optional as some people prefer a lightly flatter biscuit, but I like to use a little baking soda in mine to keep their shape as a chunky kind of biscuit.
How to Make Clean Eating Peanut Butter Biscuits
STEP 1: Measure out ingredients. Put all your ingredients into one large mixing bowl. Easy Enough.
STEP 2: Mix the dough. Mix all your ingredients together until well combined. Even your kiddie helper can be trusted to mix this one without any flopping or failed bake. Because we are working with whole ingrecients, there is sometimes variations in products across brands. This mix is a drier kind of dough, but if you feel it’s not sticking together enough, then add a few drops of water or olive oil to the mix. This makes it a little easier to work with.
STEP 3: Roll into Balls. Roll ’em into balls. You should get around 18 balls in this batch (approx 20g each). Squish them down slightly with a fork to get the criss cross effect on top. Don’t over squish. Just use your fork or fingers to gently flatten into a biscuit shape.
Step 4: Bake. Bake for 12 -15 min @ 180’C / 350F.
Peanut Butter Biscuit Recipe
Clean Eating Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Baking Tray
- parchment paper
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (330g) 100% peanuts, approx 330g
- 1 Egg Freerange, Large
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut (30g)
- ½ cup Oat Flour (60g)
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup (60g) Or honey
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 180 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Roll into walnut sized balls and flatten slightly with your fingers. Makes around 18 balls (each approx 20g) but this can depend on the size make them.
- Bake for around 12 – 15 min until biscuits are golden. SEE NOTE #1
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes before moving them onto the cooling rack. The biscuits will harden as they cool.
- Check your biscuits at 10,12 and 15 minutes. Ovens can vary so keep a close eye on your biscuits in the final minutes to make sure they don’t burn.
- Once cooled, you can store in an air tight container for up to a week.