* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
Honey Soy Chicken Stir Fry
This Honey Soy Chicken stir fry is everything a Chicken Stir Fry should be. Tender chicken pieces, fresh broccoli and carrots smothered in a sticky, sweet honey soy sauce.
Stirfry is one of the easiest dinners to make a hungry crowd. The secret is in the sauce. And THIS stir fry sauce is a winner. It’s tastes like a takeout dinner – but it’s healthy. So make a big bowl!
Sticky honey soy chicken stir fry
This sticky honey say stir fry has a secret, and I’m going to let you in on the ‘How to Cook a Stir Fry’ Secret…. Ready …. It’s all in the sauce. Yup. If you master a great stir fry sauce, then you will never, ever have to eat another blah stirfry ever again. And this one’s a winner!
Kid friendly stir fry
For years I struggled to get my kids to eat stir fry. Yes, their dinner plates looked all fresh and healthy and stuff, but no-one actually ate it. The kids would shuffle the food round their plate and pick out the individual ingredients they liked.
I felt good because I’d cooked something healthy, and I simply chose to ignore that they weren’t eating it. Eventually I realised that I was simply stroking my ‘I’m a good Mommy’ ego and it was getting silly. I was wasting food, wasting money and the kids were getting fussier.
Stir fry was going to stay on the menu. Which meant I needed a plan to get the kids eating it.
Kid friendly stir fry sauce
This KID FRIENDLY Honey Soy Stir Fry Sauce is THE Stirfry game changer. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and was the magic needed to get my kids eating everything on their plate.
OK, life’s not always picture perfect. There are still times when my fussier kids will push stray pieces of veggies out of my line of sight, but this is getting to be the exception, rather than the rule. And I can live with that.
Dinner time shouldn’t be a battle zone. There are plenty of small non-conflict strategies you can try to encourage your child to try new foods or eat their veggies.
Once you try it, you’ll find yourself wondering where else you can use your Honey Soy Stirfry Sauce. Be inventive. Change up the protein. Try it with Shrimp or beef strips or Tofu for a Vegetarian option. Mix up the veggies. Try seasonal options or use frozen if you’re tight on time.
Quick chicken stir fry
A good quick chicken stir fry recipe is a great dinner time hack to keep up your sleeve.
If I’m stuck for something to make or trying to rush things along so that I can make it (back) to the couch to read a little more of my book – then a quick and yummy stirfry is top of my ‘What shall I make for Dinner’ list.
Deciding what to make for dinner can get old real fast. To make things easier, get my Printable Dinner time Cheatsheet here. It’s one of my all time favorite meal planning resources.
Need some help meal planning?
Honey Soy Garlic Chicken Stirfry
Honey Soy Chicken Stirfry
- 2 tbsp olive oil or sesame oil
- 1 cup carrots finely sliced, peeled
- 2 cups broccoli washed, chopped or broken into bite sized florets
- 1 lb chicken breast skinless, chopped into bite sized peices
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
HONEY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1/4 cup tamari or salt reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly minced (or jar)
Corn Flour Slurry
- 2½ tsp cornflour or arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp COLD water
- STIR FRY YOUR VEGGIES BRIEFLY – Heat a large pan on the stove top. Add 1 tablespoon oil, broccoli and carrots. Stirfry your veggies for 2- 4 minutes for them to soften slightly. Don't overcook as you want them to be crunchy and bright in color. Remove them from the pan and setthem aside. 2-4 MINUTES
- FRY & BROWN YOUR CHICKEN – Use the same pan, add the remaining olive oil and chicken pieces. Don'' overcrowd your pan as this causes the chicken to release too much moisture. If needed, cook in batches. You want to sear your chicken all round. 5 MINUTES
- PREP YOUR HONEY GARLIC SAUCE – While your chicken is sizzling, prep your sauce. Mix together the tamari (or soy sauce), stock, honey, garlic and ginger until well combined. MAKE UP YOUR CORN FLOUR SLURRY – mix corn flour and COLD Water until smooth.
- ADD THE SAUCE TO THE CHICKEN – pour the sauce and cornflour mix over your chicken. STIR CONSTANTLY until sauce thickens. This will only take a couple of seconds. If your chicken needs a couple more minutes to cook through, this this is the time to let it simmer for a bit in it's sauce.
- ADD THE VEGGIES – Stir in your brocolli and carrots and stir gently to heat through and coat every piece in delcious, sticky honey sauce.
- Serve with a side of steamed brown rice, cauliflower rice or soba noodles
More Kid Friendly Dinner Ideas
- Chicken Noodles (make this instead if your kids love instant noodle meals)
- Red Thai Chicken Curry (YUM!!)
- Clean Eating Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- Healthy Chicken Enchiladas