Fast, healthy Red Thai Curry with Chicken, Vegetables and only 5 Ingredients. This is seriously easy and tasty weeknight meal that the whole family will rave about!
I needed a fast dinner last night because it was the season finale of Game of Thrones. I resisted it for years, but this season, the TV is near the kitchen – so I got sucked in. This Cleaned up, super fast version of Chicken Thai Curry tastes every bit as delicious as it looks (and the kids ate every last bit too) and it only needs 5 ingredients – all from the freezer and pantry.
I try and keep a couple of easy to make dinner options in the freezer or pantry because there are plenty of days that I just don’t get to go to the Supermarket. Also, one of the ways that I keep within my grocery budget is to limit how often I head to the store. I aim for once (sometimes twice a week). That means that by the end of the week, my fresh vegetables are pretty much down to carrots, potatoes and onions. Maybe a dodgy looking piece of pumpkin. And that’s it.
Couple of Notes on this Recipe:
- One of the things I LOVE about this meal is that I can use frozen vegetables and it goes unnoticed. I buy the Asian Vegetable Selection because it has mini corn in it (which the kids love)
- I purchase Organic Coconut Cream in bulk and keep them in my pantry so they are always there when I need them. Make sure when you check the ingredients because some brands have a lot of additives. You want to see only two ingredients in the ingredients list: this one from Thrive Market contains only Organic Coconut & Filtered Water.
- You can make your own, but I buy Thai Red Curry Paste and keep it in my fridge. I bottle lasts me two to three meals.
- I havn’t included this in my ingredient list, but I serve this with brown Basmati or White Basmati Rice.
Seriously Easy Clean Eating Red Thai Chicken Curry (Only 5 Ingredients)
Yield 4 -6
Super Easy 5 Ingredient Meal: Red Thai Chicken Curry. Perfect for a fast, easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 x Onion Diced
- 4-6 Chicken Thighs (sliced into strips)
- 2 Cups Mixed Asian Vegetables (Frozen)
- 1/2 Jar (Around 4 tablespoons) Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 Cans of Organic Coconut Cream
- In a large pan, fry onions until soft. Add chicken and fry for 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Stir through curry paste. fry for an additional two minutes. Add one can of coconut cream. Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes until reduced and starts to thicken. Chicken should be cooked thoroughly and tender. Add remaining can of coconut cream and bring to the boil. Add frozen vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve on a bed of Basmati rice.
Courses Main Meal
Cuisine Clean Eating
Never Miss a Real Food Recipe!
Subscribe to get our newsletter and get two new (Kid Approved) Clean Eating recipes sent to you each week.