* We sometimes use affiliate links, so we may receive a commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Check our disclosure for more info.
Whether I’ve had a hectic day or just need to get dinner on the table fast, there are some nights I just don’t have the energy or inclination to spend hours in the kitchen cooking dinner. There are a few go-to-meals that I rely on to get me through these kind of evenings. This Chicken Spinach Fettuccine ticks all the boxes: It’s fast, healthy and it’s popular with the kids!
Chicken & Spinach Fettuccine
This chicken spinach fettuccine recipe is comfort food: when it’s cold outside and the darker evenings are happening earlier and earlier, this is a dish that works.
Keeping a couple of jars of good quality pasta sauce in the pantry is a must if you have kids and busy weeknights. Obviously, feel free to make your Pasta Sauce from scratch – but I’ve learned to take a few clean eating shortcuts to keep me sane during the week – and cooking with pasta sauce in a jar is one of them.
Most supermarkets stock organic, clean pasta sauces. It may just take a little investigation to figure out which one to choose. Read through the ingredients list and make sure it’s made with real tomatoes, onions, garlic and herbs like this one below from Organica.
I use chicken thighs in this recipe. They have more flavour than chicken breast meat, plus they’re usually a far cheaper cut of meat. This really couldn’t be much easier to put together.Grab the FREE 18 Meal Ideas CHEAT SHEET Here!
What To Serve With Chicken Spinach Fettuccine
If you want to serve something alongside your Fettuccine dish, some Wholegrain bread would be lovely for mopping up the sauce.
As this has spinach and mushrooms in it, I don’t usually add a vegetable side to this when I’m making it but if you wanted to add another veg to it, some simple steamed buttered broccoli or asparagus tips would work well.
Clean Eating Fettuccine Recipes
Chicken Spinach Fettuccine Recipe
Chicken & Spinach Fettuccine
- 1 Bag of Wholewheat / Organic Fettuccine
- 6 chicken thighs sliced into quarters you can use shredded chicken or breasts but flavour is best using thighs
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 Cup Spinach leaves
- 4 Black Mushrooms
- 1 Jar Organic Pasta Sauce Check the label for ingredients
- Olive oil for Cooking
- Salt and Pepper
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Cook Fettuccine according to package instructions.
- Heat up a large pan on the stove top.
- Add olive oil and chicken pieces. Fry until slightly browned and juices have evaporated. Remove from pan.
- Add a little more oil and add diced onions to pan. Cook for around 3 minutes until softened. Add garlic, mushrooms, cooked chicken and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes. Pour in jar of pasta sauce. Reduce heat and cover pan. Simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in spinach leaves. These will wilt without further cooking.
- OPTIONAL: Grate a little mozzarella cheese over the top and place under oven grill to melt.
- Serve over cooked fettuccine with a salad on the side.