There are so many different ways to introduce Clean Eating into your lifestyle. It is important to figure out what works for your family and your health goals.
What does Clean Eating Mean for our Family? Our definition of Clean Eating is simply: Eating whole, minimally processed food made from natural ingredients that are good for us and good for the world.
A couple of things about Clean Eating in our home:
- We eat Clean for our health and also because it’s good for our world. Eating sustainable, humanely raised meat and local produce is important to us.
- We avoid processed foods, artificial colors/flavors/preservatives, refined flours and sugars.
- Our goal is to eat whole food or food as close to its natural state as possible .
- We eat Happy Meat – Meat that has been raised happy and humanely – all of the time
- We Buy local whenever we can.
- We try to eat food made with traditional ingredients that are easy to find in most Supermarkets. I avoid recipes that require specialised ingredients only available in certain health stores or require me to travel ‘100miles from home’ or that my grandmother wouldn’t have heard of.
- We eat Wholegrain versions of everything – flour, pasta & Bread
- We don’t diet.
- We eat fruit or veg at every meal. Every Meal.
- We read the ingredients in everything and if we don’t know what it is – we don’t eat it.
- We eat natural sugars like honey and pure maple syrup.
But …. Life will happen. There will be birthday cake, Easter Egg hunts, sleepovers, sweets from Grandparents, special occasions and the occasional treat.
Like all parents, my husband and myself are raising our four children in the real world. We don’t want them to have issues with food. We just want them to be be aware of where their food comes from; choices they will have to make; and hopefully, teach them to make the right ones.