Well Hi there!
Welcome to Clean Eating with Kids! I’m Super glad that you are here. It means that you are looking to take control of your families eating habits, ditching processed foods and introducing your family to the wonderful World of whole, Real foods and mindful eating.
If you are just getting started, then I know how overwhelming it can be to make changes to your family’s eating habits. I’ve been there! Our family was seriously reliant on processed foods before we started eating Clean. You can read a little about our pre-clean days here.
We stared eating Real food in 2015. Two of my kids were picky eaters, haters of all things veggie and not accustomed to any whole grains at all. I had fallen into the trap of cooking to please them and processed foods were the everyday norm at our place. I was genuinely worried that I wouldn’t be able to get my children to actually eat real food (if you’ve got a picky eater, go here).
What to Do First.
- Sign up for the Free 7 Day Real Food Family Challenge
- Get your 4 Free Clean Eating Family Friendly Meal Plans here.
More Resources you’ll find on the blog to help you get started:
- What is Clean Eating? A Beginners Guide.
- The 12 Clean Eating Rules
- How to Plan and Organise a Real Food Pantry
- What’s the issue with processed foods and why it’s Important to Ditch Processed Foods
- FREE PRINTABLE: Clean Eating Grocery Shopping List & Pantry Inventory Checklist
- Real Food Shopping Tips and Tricks
- How to Eat Clean on a Budget
- Two step strategy to get your Child to Try new Foods
- How to Get your Picky Eater to Eat Real Food
- 7 Tips for Clean Eating With Kids
- How I Get My Children to Eat New Vegetables
- 5 Healthy Eating Tricks to Cut The Crap by 80%
- Take the 7 Day Real Food Family Challenge
MEAL IDEAS AND REAL FOOD RECIPES
The recipes you find on this blog are genuine, family friendly real food recipes that I feed my family regularly. I try to not use ‘trending’ ingredients or cook something just because it’s in fashion or looks cute on the plate. Nothing annoys me more than wasting time and ingredients on ‘healthy food’ that looks pretty but tastes crappy and ends up being tossed in the bin.
Everything I cook is made from basic, real ingredients that you will know and recognize. My recipes are tested at our dinner table. I try and keep things simple because I’m a Mom cookin’ meals for my family in my kitchen. Every day.
- Get our Free Clean Eating Meal Plans. They include all breakfasts, snacks, lunches and dinner recipes. All recipes have been tried and tested by real life families and are made using everyday ingredients you can find just about anywhere.
- Search through over 100’s of Real food recipes and try something new this week.
- FREE PRINTABLE: 50 Clean Eating Snack Ideas to stick on the fridge.
- Systematize school lunches with my FREE PRINTABLE: Lunchbox Planner. It will take the stress out of school mornings and seriously make your mornings flow a little easier.
- FREE PRINTABLE: Meal Planning Template this is a basic, easy to use meal planning page with plenty of space to write in.
- Classic Real Food Recipes Every Mom Should Know How to Make – These recipes have had a Clean Eating makeover. They are the recipes you know and love – just healthier now.
Real life happens. There will be birthday parties, Easter egg hunts, school functions and plenty of special occasions that will rock your clean eating boat. It’s OK. Have fun, try not take it all too seriously. Life loves to present little challenges, but as parents, we work through them. It’s all part of the job.
You can read a bit more about our families Real food make over in these posts below:
- 5 Things that we found really hard when we started eating Clean. These are the things we struggled with as a family when we first began eating Real foods.
- The 80/20 Rule we use to keep us Real.
- The problem with processed foods (aside from the obvious fact that aren’t good for you) is that are unfortunately really convenient. As a busy Mom, convenience matters. When you start eating Clean you are suddenly aware of the fact that you need to spend a lot more time cooking at home. I’m not that Mom that makes everything from scratch. For Clean Eating to work for our family, I had to learn to take a few shortcuts where I could. This is a list of the Real Foods I buy vs What I make.
- Our Real Food Story (The Ugly Truth) and a little peak inside our pantry BEFORE we started eating Clean.
Before you jump into your new clean eating lifestyle, please remember:
- Everyone is different.
- Don’t compare yourself to other people.
- Do what works for your family.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself or your kids.
Whether it’s a couple of easy tweaks or a major diet overhaul – Remember – any positive change you make, big or small, is a step in the right direction.
Get exclusive access to the free resources!
Join 2,500 others to get access to 20+ free printables related to budgeting, healthy eating, meal planning & home organisation. New prints updated weekly.